Wednesday 21 July 2010

Sudath Mahanama from Sri Lanka

We heard from one of our great customers, Sudath from Sri Lanka recently. Sudath is a true Mini fan and has owned one for the last 25 years.

You might think it would be hard to source parts and accessories for the Mini over in Sri Lanka, but thanks to the great export team at Mini Sport makes this possible.

Anyway, enough of the chit-chat, let's look at Sudaths Mini;




I had my first Classic Mini in the year 1986.
 
In 2001, I rebuilt an Austin Moke and awardedas the "Best Moke" for two consecutive years in the Srilankan "Mighty Mini Club" annual show contest. (I will send you a picture of this Moke as well in a seperate mail)
 
In the year 2003, I bought my second Classic Mini and rebuilt again (after dimentalling all the parts totally), replacing most of the parts and accessories from "Minisport".  Ultimately the Mini became the most elegant butterfly on the Srilankan roads. (Color - Tahity Blue with Silver top)
This Mini won the "Best looking Mini" award in Srilanka in the year 2005 and 2007.
 
In 2002 - 2005 I participated in racing events held in Srilanka in my Moke and in another Mini made for racing only. I am very proud to say that I have won a couple of awards in racing in different tracks (Road and off road as well) in Srilanka. Even my wife won the ladies event once driving my Mini. Due to the busy working pattern nowadays, I had to quit from racing and keeping my hobby as it is, maintaing the Mini up to the toppest condition.
 
Two months back, I gave my dream car a full check up, removing all the parts in pieces for a perfect rebuilt. Color was changed to BMW Mini - Chilly Red with off white top and the new set of decals. (As you see in the pics)
 
This Mini specs as below,
 
1. Engine                - 1293 cc with fast road cam + Single SU 1.75 Carb
2. Suspension         - Adjusta Ride
3. Wheels               - 6 X 13  polished Superlight Alloy wheels
4. Tyres                  - Yokohama A539 175/50/13
5. Exterior               - Fitted the parts and accessories from Minisport
6. Interior                - Same as above
7. Extras                 - Air conditioned,  Sun roof fixed
8. Audio                 - Blaupunkt with JBL surround speakers



1 comment:

  1. Christopher D.22 July 2010 at 18:28

    What a beauty! Nice to see this type of dedicated interest from people who own this kind of classics.
    Well done Minisport, for your contribution towards the elegance.

    ReplyDelete